ADVERTISEMENT FOR COMMUNICATION AND PROCUREMENT OFFICERS POST AT RECODA
Research, Community and Organizational Development Associates (RECODA) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) rooted in Tanzania. It was established in 2000 with the aim of bridging technology gap in development through research, consultancy, capacity building and facilitation of community-based projects. In the beginning, RECODA’s main work was consultancy, carried out to various development organizations engaged in implementing community development projects. Currently, the Organization has extended her works to implement several community projects in different regions of Tanzania and outside the country as well.
RECODA is looking for dedicated persons to join our team in the following positions:
Job Title : Communication Officer (1 Post only).
Will be stationed in Arusha, RECODA headquarters
The communications officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other materials that communicate the organization’s activities, products, and/or services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Developing, writing, and editing communications materials, including press releases, newsletters, publications, annual reports, and social media content
- Maintaining online content and developing and executing social media strategy
- Ensuring the RECODA website is up to date
- Participates in organizing educational events, webinars, and public presentation
- Identifying media stories and researches, writing and editing media releases and briefings
- Maintains a database: photos, videos, and other materials of RECODA work
- Provide strategies of how to communicate RECODA’s work
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
Job Knowledge and Expertise
- Understanding of development issues
- Ability to draft concise and informative articles for a range of uses from detailed progress reports and other materials of RECODA work
- Able to work independently to identify information and knowledge-sharing opportunities and to engage relevant persons in realizing these opportunities;
- Ability to Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Experience with managing websites
- Experience in dealing with media
- Experience in designing and implementing communication and/or media outreach plans
- Competent with office software packages, including PowerPoint, Excel, basic design software.
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in a communications role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, and academic transcripts to
P.O. Box. 10633
The deadline for application is on 06th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted